Want to learn more about me? You’re in the right place. Here are some random facts in no particular order:
- The most important aspects of my life are my faith in God, my husband, family, and friends.
- I’m 5’8″ and was unhappy being the second tallest in my class. But I embraced my height soon after, realizing it’s perfect for me. Finding pants long enough was a never-ending challenge for me though (keep in mind that was well before long-length pants were first introduced; boy, do I feel old 👵).
- I weigh 135 lbs. and wear a size 5… HA! Yeah, right. Not since I was in my early twenties.
- I dine out at restaurant bars with my husband frequently. We prefer interacting with bartenders and giving our orders directly to them, instead of wait staff who may screw them up (think telephone line), especially the convoluted way I place my orders; bartenders be like…and hubby be like…
- I am addicted to lattes and espresso martinis and can’t seem to get enough of them, as evidenced by the slew of pics on the site, like this latte from Whole Foods…
…or these espresso martinis from Carrabba’s, my favorite! They are the best overall for consistency, taste, selection of ingredients, and accommodating staff. Oh, and let’s not forget that froth! Of course, I would happen to be craving one right now. Then again, when am I not. Mmmm…🤤 (I’m so glad there’s finally a drooling emoji.) Select photo to watch my cool video!
- My favorite herbs are basil, rosemary, sage, and cilantro. Favorite spices are saffron and curry.
- My least favorite foods are grapefruit, bell peppers, and radicchio. 😝
- Last June, I had incisionless surgery performed to correct my chronic acid reflux. The hardest part was having dietary restrictions for six weeks, as in no chocolate, alcohol, or caffeine for the duration. Suffice it to say that it was the longest six weeks of my life!
- I’ve discovered just how much I enjoy the taste of certain wines. I prefer reds and cream sherries, but Port is my all-time favorite. Makes sense since it’s a dessert wine, and I do love dessert. The history behind it is fascinating! For instance, Port wine is produced from grapes grown exclusively in the Douro Valley of Portugal, and it is fortified with brandy to stop the fermentation process; otherwise, it would be overly sweet. Select the photo to find out more.
- My husband asked my father for permission to marry me before proposing. Awww!! 💕
- We moved so many times during the first decade of our marriage that during the last few of those moves, we gave up unpacking certain boxes and kept moving them from place to place without ever opening them! How funny is that?!
- Twice during our marriage, hubby and I bought each other the exact same anniversary card – for our 10th, and last year for our 30th (pictured below). Even the envelopes are written the same. Talk about soul mates. 💑
- My favorite season is summer, and my ideal weather is around 80ºF and sunny. I absolutely despise friggin’…I mean frigid cold winter weather and snow; especially shoveling it.
- The hottest temperature I’ve ever experienced was in Palm Springs one August. The bank’s temp showed 112ºF (or 116ºF, I can’t remember). It may have been even hotter (unlike my memory). ‘But it’s a dry heat.’ Yeah, like sticking your head in an oven (a heated one, of course, or the analogy would make no sense). Kidding aside, I’d rather have it 90ºF and dry over 80ºF and humid. The humidity is way worse.
- I’ve had pets for more than half my life and haven’t been petless since 1987. For seven of those years, we had a dog and four cats at the same time. We’ve decided not to get any more pets after our last two kitties are gone. 😔
- I’m extremely indecisive to the point where I agonize over things. For instance, if I’m shopping for something and can’t decide between one or the other, I’ll usually buy both…that prevents me from spending all afternoon at the dang store.
- I am very meticulous when it comes to aesthetics. I can’t help it that I like things a certain way. Thanks, OCD.
- Proof that I want to be a writer: this is only the Get To Know Me section, and there’s much more to go! Oh, I’ve got lots of writing in me…which is a very good thing. ✍️😉
activities: attending food festivals, eating, food photography
NON-FOOD activities: writing, golf, tennis
type of vacation: cruise (been on thirteen to date)
standup comedians: Bobby Collins, Sebastian Maniscalco, Kevin James, Richard Jeni (RIP)
live comedy shows: all of the above, plus Harvey Korman & Tim Conway, Jim Gaffigan, Brian Regan
improv comedy: Whose Line Is It Anyway?, An Evening with Colin (Mochrie) and Brad (Sherwood)
music genre: progressive rock, alternative rock
bands: Dream Theater, Def Leppard, Kansas, Collective Soul
concerts: all of the above, plus Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Maroon 5
musical: Phantom of the Opera
movies: Red, Taken, The Birdcage, American President, Blended
movies (animated): Despicable Me, Beauty and the Beast
television shows: 24, Friends, Man With A Plan, Modern Family, The Voice, SYTYCD
cable tv series: Sex and the City, Entourage
type of vacation: the end of one
live comedy shows: Tracy Morgan (vulgar and unfunny, worst show ever!), Michael Che (he was either high or drunk, probably both)
music genre: country, rap (put ’em together? crap)
concerts: Counting Crows (singer was DRUNK! we only saw them because we were there for Collective Soul who opened)
television show: Last Man On Earth (more like ‘How On Earth’ did this completely idiotic and irritating show ever make it to tv?!!)
Want even more? Check out my Fun Q&A here!